Saturday, June 9, 2012

'Christ is the fountain of life, but who knoweth how deep it is to the bottom?' ~Samuel Rutherford

Sweet words to a busy mama's heart. We can ever draw from that fountain, we won't hit the bottom and it won't run dry! Life might try to overwhelm. The bank account might be slim. The children may get sick, or just be plain ol' naughty... but even on those days His grace is there. For me. Not based on my accomplishments. Not 'first come first serve'. Not a daily raffle to the lucky winner. For me- if I will accept it. 

I was thinking of Christ's abundance today as I surveyed the mud from this last weeks storms. The water was there, it fell on all the trees, the grass, the flowers. Nothing was missed. All were watered. God is the same. He doesn't give to one what He does not long to give to all. We need only to send out our roots and claim it. 

He is mine, I am His- and perfect fulfillment is awaiting. It's not in how much time I can give Him, but in how much of my heart He holds.





No comments:

Post a Comment